Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun in the USA

Yesterday we took a road trip. Well, Michael didn't - he stayed home and worked to pay for it! LOL But the rest of us packed up with friends and headed south for the day, our first trip in years.

We had a good though very long day. We hit Arby's for lunch (no one was impressed) then started into shopping. While I was in the first store, my friend came running in to tell me both boys doubled over in cramps then ran for the bathroom. Luckily, both boys were fine by the time I came out of the store, and other than reduced appetites, were fine the rest of the day. On second thoughts, maybe I should take them to Arby's more often - the reduced appetites were cheaper on my pocketbook. Just kidding! LOL

We were very smart in that we started with the furthest away store and worked our way home. It helped to have the trip back broken up into shorter segments as it made the car ride seem like nothing. We also found some good deals, and some things we needed but hadn't been able to find at home for whatever reasons.

By the time we got back to the border, our bill was high and it was after 11 at night. Felt very blessed to get a border guard who didn't make me pull over and pay GST or duty! We pulled in at home and the kids were so tired, they fell into bed without even saying good night to me! LOL

The funny of the day:
We passed an articulated bus, which fascinated all the kids, even the 24 year old, who shot a video of it. And Tanner's comment? "It even has seats!" ROFLOL He meant NEAT seats, or at least that's what he says now...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending our stuff too! Wish we could have connected this trip, but I am glad you made it and the boys are okay! Arby's is the one place Becca and I can't eat either. It was the first place I got morning sickness when pregnant with her! LOL! HUGS my friend!

    ReplyDelete