Monday, February 13, 2012

Creating a Treasure Hunt

Tomorrow we are hosting a Valentine's Party for some of our homeschooler friends. The kids used to say that missing the holiday parties was one of their biggest regrets of not going to school so we started doing our own. Of course ours are way better than school parties so it becomes another bonus of homeschooling!

Tomorrow our theme is focusing on the Treasures in our lives so we are doing a treasure hunt. Michael and I just had fun putting together our clue list. Most of ours, but we lifted a couple off the internet. I am sharing them with you, so SSSHHH! Don't tell my kids! LOL


Love is patient, love is kind,
Your next clue is right behind. (painting in dining room)

In this place we quickly heat
So we will have something to eat. (microwave)

Step by step walking I go,
Yet somehow nowhere I go. (treadmill)

While on your hunt for treasure gold,
You may be hot, but your clue is cold. (freezer)

Feeling chilled? You’d rather not!
Come get stoked! This clue is hot! (fireplace)

This box is mostly filled with things that rarely bring you glee
Like bills, and junk, and other stuff you'd rather never see. (mailbox)

You are doing quite a-MAZE-ing!
Find your way through, and I’ll help you! (Valentine's maze to complete and bring to me)

When you're feeling less than fresh there's just one place to go
To wash and get all squeaky clean and scrub between each toe. (tub)

When you need to have a rest
I am the place you love the best. (bed)

Wetter and wetter the more it dries,
Find it to find your surprise. (towel)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Can do this any time for our "Friday Night Family Night" not just Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete