Thursday, February 9, 2012

Creating a Pretty Atmosphere



For many years my kitchen focus has been on function, on making sure things are practical and work well. Pretty never came into it. I didn't have time or energy, and frankly, pretty things were too often a risky idea for lots of reasons. We have now entered a new season.

On a personal level I am no longer struggling to keep up with my kids and my home and just trying to get by. I have time to stop and smell the roses, or in this case, stop and look at the containers.

As a family, the kids are older and in a safer stage so we can have breakables out and be reasonably assured they will not be used as catapults.
 I took a trip to Value Village yesterday and bought a couple things. These pretty crocks now sit on our kitchen cabinet. They look much nicer than the Tupperware one we used to have. Plus, as a bonus, with Michael such a budding chef, we have more implements, and they weren't fitting very nicely in the Tupperware utensil caddy. Don't they look nice here?

While I was in Value Village I also spotted this lovely jug. You cant see the details very well, but tit has lots of lovely green and purple trim in my colours. I loved it but wasn't sure it would match my kitchen. After much debate, I decided to get it anyways because it was pretty. When I got home it clashed withe the kitchen but Michael realized it would be perfect by the front door. Isn't it pretty?

Oh, how I love creating a pretty home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment